Verifying proxy cache operation
Liam Gretton
2010-05-17 15:27:07 UTC
Can anyone suggest a means of verifying that my proxy cache (using the
pcache overlay) is actually returning results from the cache and not the
backend LDAP server?

I've got reams of debug output from slapd -d -1, but I'm unsure how to
interpret it. I'm sure there are some magic strings within the output
that would indicate the cache is being hit.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

The pcache db is bdb.
--
Liam Gretton ***@le.ac.uk
HPC Architect http://www.le.ac.uk/its/
Leicestershire LE1 7RH, United Kingdom
Dieter Kluenter
2010-05-18 08:24:45 UTC
Post by Liam Gretton
Can anyone suggest a means of verifying that my proxy cache (using the
pcache overlay) is actually returning results from the cache and not
the backend LDAP server?
I've got reams of debug output from slapd -d -1, but I'm unsure how to
interpret it. I'm sure there are some magic strings within the output
that would indicate the cache is being hit.
Any pointers would be appreciated.
run -d pcache

-Dieter
--