glue objects
Dieter Kluenter
2010-03-09 08:02:53 UTC
when adding a subtree object, it is occasionally not properly created,
instead only a glue object is created:

,----[ created glue object ]
| dn: o=xxxxx,dc=abook,dc=example,dc=com
| entryUUID: a3a1368a-a12f-102e-941f-adf8df1281f9
| creatorsName: dc=abook,dc=example,dc=com
| createTimestamp: 20100129143758Z
| entryCSN: 20100129143758.447642Z#000000#001#000000
| modifiersName: dc=abook,dc=example,dc=com
| modifyTimestamp: 20100129143758Z
| objectClass: top
| objectClass: glue
| structuralObjectClass: glue
| entryDN: oxxxx,dc=abook,dc=example,dc=com
| subschemaSubentry: cn=Subschema
| hasSubordinates: TRUE
`----

Part of the script to create this object with proper objectclasses and
attributes can be found here:
http://pastebin.de/4465

Any idea why an object with objectclass glue is created?

-Dieter
--
Dieter Klünter | Systemberatung
http://dkluenter.de
10°08'02,42"E
Ralf Haferkamp
2010-03-09 13:40:46 UTC
Hi,
`----
Part of the script to create this object with proper objectclasses and
http://pastebin.de/4465
Any idea why an object with objectclass glue is created?
We'd need more details on your server configuration. Usually slapd should
create those glue objects only in certain situations. E.g. when
multimaster replication is used and an object is deleted on one master
while a child object to that object was created on another master before
the delete was replicated.
IIRC slapadd, slapo-pcache and slapo-translucent might also create glue
objects.
Ralf
Dieter Kluenter
2010-03-09 15:05:08 UTC
Post by Ralf Haferkamp
Post by Dieter Kluenter
Hi,
when adding a subtree object, it is occasionally not properly created,
[...]
Post by Ralf Haferkamp
Post by Dieter Kluenter
Any idea why an object with objectclass glue is created?
We'd need more details on your server configuration. Usually slapd should
create those glue objects only in certain situations. E.g. when
multimaster replication is used and an object is deleted on one master
while a child object to that object was created on another master before
the delete was replicated.
IIRC slapadd, slapo-pcache and slapo-translucent might also create glue
objects.
Thank you Ralf, it is a mirror mode environment, so I have to check
this.

-Dieter