built in objectClasses and atrributes
Itay Moav
2010-03-31 14:53:33 UTC
Greetings,

Where can I see the list of built in objectClasses and attributes the
OpenLDAP ships with?

Thanks
IM
m***@aero.polimi.it
2010-03-31 15:55:18 UTC
Post by Itay Moav
Greetings,
Where can I see the list of built in objectClasses and attributes the
OpenLDAP ships with?
Start a slapd without including any schema files, and search the
cn=subschema entry (with scope base). Request attributeTypes and
objectClasses in the requested attributes list.

p.
Michael Ströder
2010-03-31 16:50:42 UTC
Post by Itay Moav
Where can I see the list of built in objectClasses and attributes the
OpenLDAP ships with?
Only the hard-coded ones?

In principle look at the sub schema sub entry (preferrably with a LDAPv3
client with a decent schema browser). What you see depends on loaded overlays
and schema files included in configuration.

Ciao, Michael.
--
Michael Ströder
E-Mail: ***@stroeder.com
http://www.stroeder.com
Michael Ströder
2010-03-31 17:08:13 UTC
Please stay on the mailing list.
yes - only the hard coded ones (as I figured where to find and read the
schema files that comes with the installation :-) )
Do not include schema files and start slapd with all the overlays you need.
Then look at the subschema subentry.

Ciao, Michael.
Aaron Richton
2010-03-31 17:44:07 UTC
Where can I see the list of built in objectClasses and attributes the OpenLDAP ships with?
If you mean what I think you mean, ldap-src/servers/slapd/schema_prep.c.
Itay Moav
2010-03-31 20:23:26 UTC
I think I did - taking a look.
Post by Itay Moav
Where can I see the list of built in objectClasses and attributes the
Post by Itay Moav
OpenLDAP ships with?
If you mean what I think you mean, ldap-src/servers/slapd/schema_prep.c.
Michael Ströder
2010-04-01 05:29:33 UTC
Post by Aaron Richton
Post by Itay Moav
Where can I see the list of built in objectClasses and attributes the
OpenLDAP ships with?
If you mean what I think you mean, ldap-src/servers/slapd/schema_prep.c.
IIRC overlays could define additional schema descriptions too.

Ciao, Michael.