Replication problems.
Steve Button
2010-03-26 08:39:24 UTC

I'm having some problems getting replication to work. My master slapd.conf
has these lines :-

overlay syncprov
syncprov-checkpoint 100 10
syncprov-sessionlog 100

and the slave has these :-

syncrepl rid=123
provider=ldap://master-ldap.europe.example.com:389<http://master-ldap.europe.company.com:389/>
type refreshOnly
interval 00:00:05:00
retry="60 10 300 +"
searchbase="dc=europe,dc=example,dc=com"
scope=sub
attrs="*,+"
schemachecking=off

updateref
ldap://master-server.europe.example.com:389<http://master-server.europe.nokia.com:389/>

I would have expected this to work every 5 minutes and replicate any
changes, but nothing ever happens... except when I restart the slave.

I'm checking this by comparing the date stamp in the contextCSN. Have tried
many different combinations but nothing seems to make much difference. This
is a particularly hacked around version of slapd.conf, but a stripped down
version doesn't work either (but still works when I restart the slave!)

Any suggestions?

Steve
http://ournaturalway.co.uk
Quanah Gibson-Mount
2010-03-26 14:57:46 UTC
--On Friday, March 26, 2010 8:39 AM +0000 Steve Button
I'm checking this by comparing the date stamp in the contextCSN. Have
tried many different combinations but nothing seems to make much
difference. This is a particularly hacked around version of slapd.conf,
but a stripped down version doesn't work either (but still works when I
restart the slave!)
Any suggestions?
Which release?

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Engineer
Quanah Gibson-Mount
2010-03-26 18:08:20 UTC
--On Friday, March 26, 2010 5:41 PM +0000 Steve Button
Post by Quanah Gibson-Mount
--On Friday, March 26, 2010 8:39 AM +0000 Steve Button
I'm checking this by comparing the date stamp in the contextCSN. Have
 Any suggestions?
Which release?
--Quanah
The release is 2.3
If you want help, please keep your replies on list. 2.3 is no longer
release. Many known issues have been fixed (particularly with syncrepl)
since the last version of 2.3. You fail to note the patchlevel in your
reply as well. The only replication mechanism that works reliably for me
with 2.3.43 is delta-syncrepl.

--Quanah

Steve Button
2010-03-30 18:31:26 UTC
--On Friday, March 26, 2010 8:39 AM +0000 Steve Button <
I'm checking this by comparing the date stamp in the contextCSN. Have
Post by Steve Button
Any suggestions?
Which release?
--Quanah
The release is 2.3
I have just found the problem (well a colleague has actually - thanks Sam).
My original config had :-

type refreshOnly
interval 00:00:05:00

and it needed to be :-

type=refreshOnly
interval=00:00:05:00

Fixed these and replication is working fine using 2.3. At least so far
anyway. I'm using the version which comes with RedHat 5.3 which shows as
2.3.43-3

Steve
--
http://ournaturalway.co.uk